The Focused Investor Series is a weekly article on Minafi. It’s a chance for investors to share their unique experience investing in a
That’s the goal: to make investing personable while sharing your knowledge and experience. Because the goal is to be personable, anyone who participates in this series agrees to talk some about their own experience and share a photo of themselves.
If you want to contribute to The Focused Investor Series, you’re welcome to contribute! Reach out to me with a paragraph with answers to the following three parts. If it sounds like a good fit for Minafi, we can talk about flushing out the rest of it then posting it here!
Here are the three parts that make up every post on The Focused Investor.
This must include a photo of the author. If you blog anonymously it can be a photo from behind or something obscured, but there needs to be a photo for readers to connect with.
The goal of this section is to make investing personable by telling some of your
Share A Core Investing Opinion
Pick a topic or opinion that you want to focus on for this post. This could be anything, but it should be something you have experience with and can speak to as an authority. It doesn’t need to be some advanced investing topic either! It could be sometime as simple as “invest in index funds” up to “the best tax strategy for military retirees looking for health insurance while living abroad”. In other words – talk about what you know.
Here are some of the things to consider:
- What is a core opinion about investing that you hold dear?
- What is the opinion?
- Go into it in as much time as needed to fully explain the concept. Preferably over multiple paragraphs, with headers for subtopics.
- Who is this opinion/topic important to?
- Beginner? Intermediate? Advanced?Specific income level?Specific job or accounts available?
- Who shouldn’t look into this topic?
- Why is this topic important to you?
- Why are you the one to write about this topic?
- Why do you think others should care and take action on this?
- What would you tell someone getting started on this topic?
Give Tips for a Beginner Investing
If you were starting to invest today, what tips would you have for yourself? Hearing this from multiple people coming at it from different angles can help shed light on the topic. If one approach keeps coming up over and over again from different guests it starts to stand out as something worth listening to.
If you were to start investing today with $10,000, what would you do?
- What would you invest in?
- Why that?
- What accounts types what you use?
- Why those?
- Who should follow this advice?
- Who shouldn’t follow it?
Contribute Next Steps
If this sounds like fun, reach out to me with a short write-up with a little about you and what your core investing opinion/topic is. If you want to include a few core opinions/topics feel free too. I’ll get back to you within a few days with some next steps and we can go from there!