New to Minafi? I know it can be daunting to find a website with a bunch of articles and you have no idea where to jump in and start. With that in mind, I’ve put together this page with some of the most popular, fun or useful articles to help you quickly get up to speed. Each article is self-contained, so don’t feel like you need to read things in order.
As for me, I’m Adam, your host and writer here on Minafi. Throughout the posts here you’ll notice a theme – growing wealth through investing and smart choices with the goal of becoming financially independent. If that sounds like fun, here are few highlights to jump into!
Where to Start
An Interactive Guide to Early Retirement and Financial Independence. If there is only one article you read, make it this one. It introduces the concept of financial independence, compound interest, savings rate, spending less, earning more and ties it all together.
Once you’re done there, check out one of these articles:
- The Minimal Investor Course (Free 10-week course on investing!)
- The Simple Three Fund Portfolio at Vanguard
- Mutual Funds vs ETFs: What’s the Difference Between Them?
- Which Investment Accounts Should I Use?
- 11 Mistakes Made By First-Time Investors
- What You Should Know About Investing At Every Age From 16 to 60
- How I Would (and Do) Invest $1 Million
- Investment Literacy: Understanding the Basic Concepts
- What Should You Do With a Sudden Windfall?
Retirement Planning & Financial Independence
- Vanguard Backdoor Roth IRA Conversion Walkthrough for 2018
- The 2018 Guide to Roth IRA vs IRA – Which Should You Use?
- How to Choose Between 401k, Taxable and Roth IRA Accounts to Optimize Taxes
- Your House Doesn’t Count Towards the 4% Rule
- Data Says the Millennial Early Retirement Age is 40 – Here’s How They Could Do It
Find Your Why with Mindfulness
- Plan Your Perfect Week in Retirement Today
- When Pursuing Early Retirement, You Must Be Armed With a Bag of Whys
- Living for Tomorrow vs Living for Today
- Why I’m Going for FIO – Financial Independence with Options
- What Does Financial Independence Mean to Me? Is it Just About Quitting and Retiring?
- Mastery is a Trap
- Earning Time
Focus Your Spending with Minimalism
- All You Need is Less
- How Tradition Tricks You Into Wanting Things You Don’t Need
- I Make Enough Money to Live in a Minimalist House
- Why I’m Loving Apartment Living After 35 Years in a House
- Reduce Kitchen Clutter with The Dishwasher Challenge
- Lagom: Swedish Minimalism for Enough
- Practice Poverty
- About Me
- 101 Things I Want to Know, Have, Do or Be – My Bucket, Goals and Vision List
- My 49 Beliefs
- My 2017 Year in Review
- How I Ended Up (And Stayed) at Code School
- Growing Up With Computers
- Why I Don’t Want to be a Landlord or Invest in Real Estate
- My Reaction to the 2008 Recession and Why I Still Invest in Bonds
- How A Bank Error In My Favor Earned Me $100,000 and I Got to Keep it. Really.
Still haven’t found something to read? Sign up for my mailing list below, or check out the archives for a full listing of all articles.