A rundown on my investments, spending and finances over the last quarter. My investments were down 0.91% while my net worth was up 9.79%.
Are you a morning person? Chances are you’re not. Some reports say roughly 20% of people consider themselves “morning people” or “night people” – with the remaining 80% being somewhere in the middle. Even those that do have a morning ritual don’t typically do it by choice. Most do so for external purposes and only […]
FinCon 2018 was held September 26-29 in Orlando, Florida – and was a lot of fun! This post details why should and shouldn’t go to FinCon, a day by day breakdown of my time there this year and all of my takeaways from the experience.
Since moving to Utah we’ve been trying to figure out what to do about this whole car thing. When we got to town, we had two cars: a 2012 Mazda 6 S and a 2013 Scion TC. Our past lives in Orlando required two vehicles to stay sane and cut down commutes in opposite directions. […]
It takes a while to understand where someone is coming from – usually years of reading someone’s blog. In this post I put it all out there – my thoughts on everything from religion to politics, from education to finance and everything in between.
I’m always interested to hear how other people are minimizing their tax liability after retirement. Here is my personal strategy that we’ll be using to reduce our taxes to nearly zero when we stop working. This approach sounds unrealistic, but you might be able to hit $0 in taxes too!
In my 20s I job-hopped quite a bit – always seeking out more interesting projects, more engaged teams, and higher pay. When I landed at Code School something clicked – leading me to stick around far longer than any job I’d had before. This is why I’m still here almost 8 years later.
A recent trip to Laos changed my view of consumption and what I need to be happy. With only a few interactions – with local farmers, children, and students – my mindset for living with less moved even farther towards the minimalism side.
Dividends may seem like a free money, but if you’re not prepared for it you’ll be caught with an unexpected tax-burden at the end of the year. My own investing strategy relies on both reducing dividend in taxable accounts and embracing them tax-advantaged ones. This allocation helps to cut taxes to the bone.
For the first time in our lives, we traveled with a guide and a schedule to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. The cost of this trip? Around $15,000 for 2 weeks. It was an absolutely amazing trip filled with friends, memories and as much delicious food as we could stomach.